Monday, October 26, 2009

week 2 and counting

good and bad things have happened so far in bozeman.
goody goods
- bozeman seems to be pretty sweet.
- we went to the library yesterday and got ourselves library cards. i do believe this establishes us as bozeman residents.
- i haven't gotten lost yet.

the bads
- our kitchen sink drips which creates a little population of unwanted insects in our kitchen.
- i have made no friends. but i have met one of our neighbors. Dan from apt E. of course my nerdy-ness always seems to overwhelm me when i meet new people. so the conversation was very similar to
"Hi. Do you live here?"
"Ya I live in apt E, the apartment next to the mail boxes."
"I live here. too. now."
"I'm Dan. And who is this?"
"This is Apollo. I'm Kalina. You can call me K. Some people do."
"Hi Apollo. How old is he? 4, 5 months?"
"Ya.

um 4 and a half months"

this very boring and painfully slow transaction happens for another few minutes. after which i pick up my broom that i was using to sweep the leaves (don't ask) and saunter inside. the wind picked up after i had this conversation with dan. i stood watching our front yard get covered with leaves. and i realized not only did my attempt at making a new friend fail, but so did my desire to make my yard look respectable.

kalina

No comments:

Post a Comment