Friday, November 27, 2009

Fathering for the Win!

Now she's done it. Kalina has started working. That means I get what I imagine will eventually be the joy of caring for Apollo all by myself. I say eventually because I've got a lot to learn. For instance, right now I just spent the last 100 minutes or so trying to get him to sleep. Not exactly the quickest its been done. He's still just lying there playing with his giraffe. I've pulled every trick I know, and even invented a few new ones. At least he's not crying. You see, it's not that he's a bad kid - I'm just a noob.
It doesn't help that everything is a death trap now. Apollo is starting to crawl? Any paper, rock, nail or scissors on the floor is his potential end. I laid him down for a nap in his crib earlier today I he managed to get his leg stuck between the rungs. Bed or coffin? Nothing is safe.

Today's Black Friday. Our big purchases? A $25 vacuum that's the quality of a $25 vacuum, 200 pieces of Mega Blocks for the little man and a safe/fun/foam bowling set. Hooray for commerce!

1 comment:

  1. Steven--sounds like your doing a great job in the daddy department! Also, sounds like the little man is taking after his mama in the not going to sleep department--but if you can get him to stay in a crib that's awesome! I know a certain someone who could figure out how to climb out of the crib before she could crawl--at least she kept things interesting! Give Mr A a hug from his grandma and grandpa! Love and miss you all!

    ReplyDelete