Thursday, November 19, 2009

mysterious case file#2145: time flies and peanut m&ms disappear

We finally got internet in the home. I feel like I've just skipped a decade. I was in the early 90's you see.. I had a home computer and played solitaire and wrote word documents. But now, NOW! I can communicate like it's 2009! No dial up connection, no cords at all! I give money and get freedom my friends!

On the turn side I have now increased my anxiety...Did someone email me? Better check. No, no email. Maybe a facebook wall post!!! No, not that either. The internet is like a drug. You can't help but want it. And then once you've got it, you wonder what to do with this wonderful high at the tip of your fingers. It's like you can have anything in the world and you can't think of what it is you want most. So you settle for checking your email every 10 minutes and eating m&ms. Before you know it, it's the next day and your bag of m&ms is empty...

Since I haven't posted in a while here's some catch up:

Apollo is sitting on up on his own rump without assistance! Bam! Happy 5th monthiversary buddy.

Belated Happy Birthday to The Steven. He is now in his mid-twenties.

I am attempting to find a job. Lucky me. The only thing worse than looking for jobs, is having to fill out applications. I'm applying for mostly seasonal jobs that have minimum responsibilites and mediocre benefits.
When they ask me
"What skills do you have that make you an ideal candidate for the job?"
I want to respond with
"I'm not a moron."
Lucky, Lucky me.

My parents (The Kim and The Ferlin and The Brett, although The Brett is not my parent) are visiting this weekend. Steven and I have been contemplating where to take them out to eat on Saturday night. We have decided to narrow it down and let them choose either steak or pizza. Both restaurants have original montana flavor. I'll update on the outcome after this weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Yah....for internet and to think I was going to leave my borrowed lap top home. We are packing up your stuff, dad is a bit worried about your stuff making the trip without breaking. I, of course am worried about what magazines and books to bring for the trip. We can't wait to see you all! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete